Update: Click here for a revised map and information on wildfire evacuation in Siskiyou County.
Much of the mandatory evacuation zone in Trinity County was reduced to a warning Monday, including the Highway 299 communities of Burnt Ranch, Cedar Flat, Del Loma, Big Bar and Big Flat.
Evacuations were in effect for five fires sparked July 29 by lightning in far northern California: McCash, Monument, McFarland, the River Complex and Antelope.
Mandatory evacuation zones are marked in yellow on the map above. For updates, check the Sheriff’s Facebook pages for Trinity County, Siskiyou County Where Tehama Countyor check out the official Siskiyou and Tehama maps below.
• Burned: 150,010 acres (234 square miles) and 20% containment on August 23. It is in steep terrain with difficult access, along the Trinity River.
• Evacuation order: Much of the area between highways 299 and 3 on the east side of the fire.
• Highway Closure: Highway 299 is closed between Hawkins Bar and Eagle Rock.
• Burned: 66,912 acres (103 square miles) and 30% containment on August 23. It burns in the high desert northeast of Mount Shasta, near areas burned from earlier Lava and Tennant fires.
• Evacuation Order: A 450 square mile area adjoining Modoc County. Orders have been lifted for the communities of Tennant and Bray.
• Burned: 118,090 acres (184 sq mi) on August 23. Containment was 68%.
• Evacuation orders were lifted by Trinity County, but Tehama County instituted its own last week as the fire moved southeast.
• Highway Closure: Highway 36 is closed between Highway 3 and Vestal Road.
River complex (Haypress, Summer, several small fires)
• Burnt: Latest perimeter maps showed Haypress covering about 60,000 acres and Summer about 20,000 acres. Near Summerville they are now separated only by the South Fork of the Salmon River. The resort was at 86,492 acres and 10% containment.
• Evacuation order in Siskiyou County: Taylor Creek Road, Cecilville, Caribou Road, Blue Ridge, Black Bear, Uncle Sam Mine. In Trinity County: Coffee Creek Road west of Sugar Pine Trailhead. The number to call for information on the River Complex: (925) 588-6706.
• Warnings: Salmon Forks, Sawyers Bar.
• Burned: 19,707 acres (31 square miles), 1% containment, Aug. 23.
• Evacuation order: Along Highway 96. It was reduced on Monday, lifting the order for the community of Somes Bar.
• Warnings: Salmon River Road east of Somes Bar.
Other fire cards: